Google
Web My thoughts...on stuff
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
My thoughts on...The Simpsons Movie
Before I start, just let me say that I FINALLY GOT THE INTERNET! Yesterday evening in fact. Now I can post even more than before! So expect a lot more activity on this blog (if I can manage to wrestle control of my PC from the rest of my family).

Springfield's royal family has finally hit the big screen, and
there has been a lot of publicity surrounding it, strangest of all a picture of Homer drawn in a field holding a doughnut next to a nude Australian fertility symbol. Maybe Homer wanted to play ring toss with it. Despite all this, I don't think that this movie will be the blockbuster its hyped to be. Why? Sit back and I'll tell you why.

The Simpsons is the both the longest running American sitcom and
animated series, with over 400 episodes. With so many episodes behind its belt, it will be a miracle if the creators can come up with more material. Plus the series feels a bit tired to me. It doesn't make me laugh nearly as much as when I was little. Perhaps its because I've watched so much TV that I can now see the punchline a mile away, or because I've grown up, and therefore become more serious, but the jokes aren't as smart as they used to be. It has become too predictable, the plots too nonsensical, and just plain stupid.

And I'm not feeling the fanbuzz on the Net. For
most big movies, especially big screen versions of beloved old school shows, there is a monstrous wave of fan-powered hype. Blogs, chat rooms, websites, forums, etc. But I feel there'd be way more hype if it was a Family Guy movie. Still, with its large fanbase, this movie cannot possibly be a flop. Not like I want it to be, as I'm a diehard fan. But if it was released 15 years ago, when it was first envisioned, (yes, it's been in the pipeline that long!) it would've gotten a much better reception. Though I hear rumours that the movie has returned the franchise to its roots. I surely hope so, if I'm gonna spend money to see this movie, it had better be the Simpsons I fell in love with as a child, not the shadow of its former self.
Posted by Leon @ 2:49 PM
Permalink | Audiolink | |
| 10 Comments |
10 Comments:
  • Comment by
    Karl L. Gechlik
    @ 3:42 PM
    body
    It sure was a great movie and def not enough hype but what can you do @ least I was able to visit a Kwik-E-Mart and buy some Buzz Cola!

    ..start plug..
    I took some pictures while I was there In case you didnt see and we offer free technical support...

    Come stop by and check us out... ...End Plug...

    AskTheAdmin.com

    No but seriously you are a great writer for a young dude! Keep it up.

  • Comment by
    Abeni
    @ 7:01 PM
    body
    Yeahhhhh,glad for you that you have the net at home now. I figure I will watch the Simpsons when it gets here

  • Comment by
    Ricardo
    @ 9:56 PM
    body
    It received some very good business this weekend being number one but you must wonder how much longer the series can last. I am amazed that they have been able to go as long as they have.

  • Comment by
    Jamaipanese
    @ 12:28 AM
    body
    congrats on getting back you link to the the world wide web, I'd die without mine -_-

    I'll be checking out the simpsons movie this weekend, although I stopped watching the series about a hundred or more episodes ago.

  • Comment by
    Mad Bull
    @ 7:11 AM
    body
    I thought it was pretty good! you go see it and tell me what you think.

  • Comment by
    taylor2nd
    @ 8:23 AM
    body
    ahh.. in all honestly i think family guy demolished my simpson sense of humor. i dunno go on youtube type best of family guy and best of simpsons. sit back adn watch and you'll see what i mean.. I didn't laugh at the simpsons much but the family guy clips had me in stiches.

  • Comment by
    Stunner
    @ 9:42 AM
    body
    I like to watch The Simpsons on TV, but I certainly won't be going to the cinema to watch the movie.

  • Comment by
    syferium
    @ 3:34 AM
    body
    I saw your website and all the blgs are very good, so you have the opportunity to sell space ads on you blogs... And i can't find another way to contact you,sorry...


    i receive 72$ every month doing nothing, there is just 4 links at my website)))And you're website is much more better then mine.
    Payments via PAYPAL and CHECK!!

    http://www.text-link-ads.com/?ref=29747

    No matter what language your website or blog has. No matter how many visitors a day visit your website, it's only depends on the PR!
    PR MUST BE AT LEAST 2!!!!

    IF SO YOU CAN EARN MONEY!!! LOT OF MONEY!!

    try them...


    After you'll sign up here write to me... and i'll tell you how to optimize it for well...

    You can find several good tips here http://googlegeotargeting.blogspot.com

  • Comment by
    aarond
    @ 3:36 AM
    body
    Yeah not really feeling the urge to go see the simpsons.

  • Comment by
    bobby
    @ 5:19 PM
    body
    Hey simpson alrite ....glad to hear that you are all internet and ready to go blog laddie blog like you have never blogged before.... welcome back dude

Post a Comment
<< Home

ABOUT ME
ARCHIVES
RECENT COMMENTS
RECENT READERS
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Get new posts sent directly to your inbox!

LINKS
A FEW GOOD BLOGS
SYNDICATION

BOOKMARKING



BUTTONS






WEBRINGS
< ? cariblogrs # >
? zz ZARDOZZ #
CREDITS






Template translated by Stephen Paul Weber a.k.a. Singpolyma