Google
Web My thoughts...on stuff
Monday, July 09, 2007
My thoughts on...7-7-7
If you didn't realize it, (if so you we're probably living in a cave. If so, welcome to civilization!), Saturday was the seventh day of the seventh month of the seventh year of the new millennium. I heard that some couples were rushing to get married on that day so that their marriages would be prosperous and long. Riiight. I don't think the "luck" of 7-7-7 can stand against an affair with a secretary or a poolboy. The only place 777 means something is in Vegas. And to think, 6-6-6 was just last year. The sky didn't turn blood red then, so I didn't have much reason to believe that Saturday would've been lucky. Besides, I don't believe in luck. I'm too much of a realist for that. I believe in chance though, but I don't believe that anything we do, like throwing salt over your shoulder, throwing a penny in a fountain or wearing horseshoes in your drawers will allow us to control chance. I consider myself fortunate to have witnessed these events in my lifetime. Nothing lucky happened to me on Saturday. Same old, same old. Well,maybe something did happen, but I was too busy studying to notice. Anything good happen to you?
Posted by Leon @ 2:28 PM
Permalink | Audiolink | |
| 10 Comments |
10 Comments:
  • Comment by
    Crankyputz
    @ 2:48 PM
    body
    I forgot it was lucky, infact it was quite a boring day...wonder what 8/8/8 will be like....

    are we going to have to keep doing this till we get to 2010??

  • Comment by
    Jdid
    @ 3:08 PM
    body
    it was just your regular run of the mill day for me.
    i would have loved to own a wedding hall for that day though. you could probably hve made some nice money

  • Comment by
    bobby
    @ 6:37 PM
    body
    Some how i think sista P needs to read this blog she starts to scare me..... prayer breakfast 7am 7th day of the week, 7 mth of the yr 07 of the millienum..... then she announces the 7th and the 27th.... i'm scared...

    p.s this word verification really sucks...

  • Comment by
    Maritza
    @ 7:54 PM
    body
    I was very tempted to buy a lottery ticket with 777 just to see if it would win!

  • Comment by
    Abeni
    @ 8:09 PM
    body
    Same ole for me. seems I just not superstitious at all but seems your PM believes in her sevens

  • Comment by
    kip152
    @ 8:40 PM
    body
    Of course, it was 7/7/2007 - which really comes to 7/7/9.

  • Comment by
    Clay
    @ 11:09 AM
    body
    I remember 7-7-77 was supposed to be some lucky day as well but it turned out just another average day as usuals, so I didnt get excited this time around.

  • Comment by
    519Consultancy - Andrew Martin
    @ 2:53 AM
    body
    Well, it wasn't a lucky day but as you said Leon you don't believe in luck however I'm slightly different in the fact that I believe we create our own luck!

    If you want something badly enough, focus all your energies on it and it shall come into fruition. I'm not saying it will happen within days but you'll notice new opportunties have been presented to you.

    Have a great day!

  • Comment by
    taylor2nd
    @ 2:03 PM
    body
    To be honest the first thing that came to mind was chmod.. access level.. I'm such a geek :| i was like damn LR learning stuff...

  • Comment by
    Paroshep
    @ 3:40 PM
    body
    July 7 is my birthday, so I have always chosen 7 as my lucky number. This year I am over 7 but under 77 years old.

Post a Comment
<< Home

ABOUT ME
ARCHIVES
RECENT COMMENTS
RECENT READERS
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Get new posts sent directly to your inbox!

LINKS
A FEW GOOD BLOGS
SYNDICATION

BOOKMARKING



BUTTONS






WEBRINGS
< ? cariblogrs # >
? zz ZARDOZZ #
CREDITS






Template translated by Stephen Paul Weber a.k.a. Singpolyma