Google
Web My thoughts...on stuff
Thursday, June 21, 2007
My thoughts on...student-teacher "relations"
I was reading some wacky news, just for entertainment's sake, when I came across an article about a teacher having sex with a student. Wait! Before you close the browser window, here's the kicker. The kid was dating her daughter as well. Nice! The kid's dad gave the teacher a restraining order to the teacher (and a high five to his son). The football coach was sickened by incident. (Yeah, sickened that a little runt like him succeeded where he failed). That picture isn't one of her by the way.

Stories of teachers taking their relationships with their students outside of the classroom and into the bedroom are a dime a dozen nowadays. The first earth-shattering one was the Mary-Kay Letourneau case. If this happened back then, people would be mortified and questioning amongst themselves when society would completely descend into chaos. Nowadays, meh. What's else is on? The most recent shocker was the Debra Lafave case. She got a light sentence, because let's face it, a girl that hot couldn't have taken a liason with that little squirt seriously (ever realize that most of the offenders are hella ugly?). Or could she?

I have to wonder why cases like these are happening so frequently? Why are American teachers having sex with their students? I should say teachers in general, as it happens in Jamaica too. But you hear of it a lot less. Maybe it's because the teachers that hit on the students are mostly male, and the students don't regularly come out and say anything. This is perhaps out of fear or because they don't want to tarnish their lover's (yeah right) reputation. But I can somewhat understand this. Somewhat. If American men are as pathetic as the ones in Knocked Up, American Pie and movies of the like, and if the hormones
surging through their veins are enough to cause young girls to look like fully grown ladies, then it's small wonder why teacha' is giving your kid "personal attention" and not you.
Posted by Leon @ 2:42 PM
Permalink | Audiolink | |
| 7 Comments |
7 Comments:
  • Comment by
    heart
    @ 4:56 PM
    body
    Hi Leon!

    My name is Emma and I go to school at James Madison University, but this summer I'm interning at theU.com in NYC. One of my jobs is to scour the Web for talented student writers, and I like your style!

    We are looking for current students to be paid writers/editors for our campus-specific news/gossip blogs. I wasn't sure what school you went to - I was searching "Virginia Tech" on Technorati, and your blog came up - but I bet yours is on our list.

    If you are interested, and would like, you know, any form of clarification, let me know! emma.dozier[at]theU.com

    Thanks so much and hope you're having a good week!
    --Emma

  • Comment by
    Crankyputz
    @ 9:30 AM
    body
    In unviversities and such, it seems more acceptable, adults dealing with adults, but preying on 15/16 year olds is just wrong.

    Yet its the number one fantasy, school girls in uniforms..

  • Comment by
    Amadeo
    @ 2:09 PM
    body
    I could do with a grown woman in a school girls uniform. Maybe these teachers are just trying to use positive re-enforcement. "That's right Johnny, now I'll take of my shirt."

  • Comment by
    marsha
    @ 5:31 PM
    body
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about my family video. Sorry it took so long to post but my computer had you marked as spam...don't know why. :)

  • Comment by
    Maritza
    @ 8:13 PM
    body
    People are generally more willing to come forward with reports on abuse. I think that we are finally respecting the victims and taking them seriously. It's a weird form of abuse when it's the female teacher/male student scenario. The women are usually very attractive and married. Why would they do such a thing? Probably the same reason men do, control and that they've been abused themselves.

  • Comment by
    Abeni
    @ 8:45 PM
    body
    As a teacher I can't see myself crossing the line like that with a student..The very thought grosses me out.It's just wrong

  • Comment by
    Leon
    @ 2:46 PM
    body
    To Amadeo:
    Yes, that would be quite the reward indeed. One that could motivate even the slowest learner.

Post a Comment
<< Home

ABOUT ME
ARCHIVES
RECENT COMMENTS
RECENT READERS
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Get new posts sent directly to your inbox!

LINKS
A FEW GOOD BLOGS
SYNDICATION

BOOKMARKING



BUTTONS






WEBRINGS
< ? cariblogrs # >
? zz ZARDOZZ #
CREDITS






Template translated by Stephen Paul Weber a.k.a. Singpolyma