Google
Web My thoughts...on stuff
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
My thoughts on...Chris Benoit's death
I heard the news yesterday on UNLOADED. Ricardo posted about Chris Benoit's death. At the time, he was unsure if Chris was the one who did it. As shocked as I was, I hoped that he wasn't the culprit, that some Cho Seung-Hui type madman committed the dirty deed.

Well guess what?


Chris was that Cho Seung-Hui type madman.


I'm not much of a wrestling fan, much less a Chris Benoit fan, but a murder like this would shock anyone. In fact, a wrestling death hasn't touched me this much since Owen Hart's. There's a painful irony in all of this. Not long before, Vince McMahon faked his own death (in another of his publicity stunts). And now, an actual death in the wrestling arena. Only God knows what kind of demons had possessed to do such as terrible deed. He must've been suffering some sort of mental distress, but given the "invincible" image wrestlers are supposed to portray, I think he felt pressured not to seek help, as that would damage his image.


The media has been trying to sensationalize this story, trying to attribute it to "'roid rage." Not haemorroids. Steroids. Unbelievable! Still, modern media is all about the ratings. Though drugs he was taking probably influenced his actions, evidence suggests that the murder was premeditated. None of this is true of course. Despite all this, I can't bring myself to hate him. Instead I pity him. I just do.
Posted by Leon @ 4:29 PM
Permalink | Audiolink | |
| 8 Comments |
8 Comments:
  • Comment by
    Enemy of the Republic
    @ 7:55 PM
    body
    Truth--I hadn't heard of him until Ricardo's blog. It is a horrible thing. Is it me or are these types of murders more predominant in the US? I am getting scared to live here.

  • Comment by
    BPO.Asia
    @ 1:28 AM
    body
    It was sad, alright.. You were right on a lot of things.. I also agree that even the news media are after sensational stories to keep tha ratings up. It's a business, after all.. let's just hope that all those affected by the incident will be able to recover as soon as possible

  • Comment by
    marsha
    @ 9:58 AM
    body
    The violent loss of a family...how incredibly sad and unnecessary.

  • Comment by
    Stunner
    @ 2:45 PM
    body
    I saw it on the news and I was shocked too! There are all kinda speculations about why he did it and the biggest is Steroids.

  • Comment by
    Ricardo
    @ 12:20 AM
    body
    There are now reports that Benoit was having a hard time separating himself from his character and that he was mentally unravelling for a long time. The story just keeps getting worse and worse.

  • Comment by
    Ricardo
    @ 12:23 AM
    body
    That is separating himself from his WWE character of the rabid wolverine. Just to be clear. I he had real character, he would have NEVER done this.

  • Comment by
    Abeni
    @ 8:19 PM
    body
    Haven't watched wrestling for some time so he isnt even familiar.Still it's a sad story and I pity him too

  • Comment by
    Crankyputz
    @ 3:16 PM
    body
    Scary stuff, the poor child..

Post a Comment
<< Home

ABOUT ME
ARCHIVES
RECENT COMMENTS
RECENT READERS
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Get new posts sent directly to your inbox!

LINKS
A FEW GOOD BLOGS
SYNDICATION

BOOKMARKING



BUTTONS






WEBRINGS
< ? cariblogrs # >
? zz ZARDOZZ #
CREDITS






Template translated by Stephen Paul Weber a.k.a. Singpolyma